full benefits package (health, dental, vision, SEP, paid holidays, paid time off, company provided life and disability)
Seeking a Full-Time Marketing Specialist to help advance our mission of mobility within a culture of innovation. Candidate should have steady work background, prior relevant work experience and supervisor references.
Position located at: 415 Zarfoss Drive, York PA 17404
The position is critical in assisting rabbittransit in meeting our mission of mobility. The impact of public transportation runs much deeper than a trip from point A to point B. We are the means for which people have access to experiences that alter their lives in meaningful ways. Our culture of innovation and stewardship champions that mission. This position assists with the promotion and marketing of rabbittransit services and assumes primary responsibility of maintaining a social media presence for the Authority.
This position reports to the Director of External Affairs and Business Strategy. This position receives general supervision and works within established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieves the Authority’s mission by assisting with development and execution of traditional and digital marketing campaigns.
2. Creates a positive image of the organization by creating and managing content on all social media accounts. Sites include but are not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn. Optimizes company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content. Thinks creatively and generates ideas and content for our channels. Produces and edits short, informational videos for social media channels.
3. Supports the Director of External Affairs and Business Strategy by developing and designing marketing materials including, but not limited to flyers, brochures, newsletters, internet marketing, etc. Provides administrative support and facilitates campaign reporting.
4. Meets the Authority needs by managing website content including but not limited to updating blog, front page sliders, content, and managing photos. Monitors and administers web analytics dashboards, reports and online reporting tools.
5. Takes creative direction from others and executes projects that communicate with excellence and professionalism. Handles numerous projects by responding quickly to priority design requests to take advantage of immediate opportunities and/or needs.
6. Moderates all user-generated content.
7. Serves the customer by creating editorial calendars and publishing schedules.
8. Performs public relations tasks including maintaining media contacts, creating and distributing Press Releases.
9. Creates and manages email marketing for newsletters and campaigns.
10. Aids in the development of presentations.
11. Maintains customer satisfaction by generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections.
12. Maintains trust, confidence and protects the organization by keeping information confidential and disclosing only on a need to know basis; ensuring high ethical standards for self and staff; and upholding the organization’s reputation in the community.
13. Ensures communication and positive image of Authority by reviewing critical incidents, exceptions to policy and/or goal achievement with Director of External Affairs and Business Strategy.
14. Maintains cooperative relationship with coworkers and management by communicating necessary information, responding to requests, building rapport; and participating in problem- solving methods.
15. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational classes/workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in relevant professional societies. Provides leadership within the transit community.
Additional Tasks: Contributes to CPTA team effort by performing other assigned duties as needed.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
 BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Communications, Writing, or related field.
 A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience in a professional setting.
 Adaptability in a fast-paced environment where priorities can be redirected.
 Experience with business social media content creation (Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and an understanding of Search Engine Optimization.
 Recent experience in a marketing position with hands-on experience in campaign development, ad-creation, press-releases, etc.
 Excellent time management and project management skills with special attention to meeting deadlines.
 Energetic, upbeat, team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
 Self-starter that can work independently.
 Computer skills including experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign mostly), proficiency in MS Office Suite.
 Solid experience with Word Press.
 Professional-level writing.
 Thorough understanding of social media platforms.
 Strong photography skills are desirable.
 Organized, able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously on a regular basis with the ability to independently problem solve.
 Must have excellent attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
 Excellent work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude.
 Skilled in digital marketing, web content, and marketing material generation.
 Demonstrated ability to be proactive in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems.
 Ability to be innovative.
 Demonstrated ability to be accurate, organized, and able to prioritize tasks.
 Demonstrated ability to work with interruptions, have a sense of urgency and meet deadlines.
 Ability to speak clearly, effectively, to establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, staff, customers, and others.
 Ability to write concisely with proper English.
 Ability to interact with others to gain support; establish trust, and work as a team.
 Ability to respond with professionalism and sensitivity to the multicultural, socioeconomic, political, media, and general public visitors.
 Ability to collaborate and coordinate administrative projects with the team.
 Ability to read and interpret documents; write emails and forms.
 Must have regular attendance and punctuality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individual may need to sit or stand as needed and may be required to walk, primarily on a level surface, for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds - proper lifting techniques required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Position requires that employee conducts all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state and federal safety and health regulations, programmatic standards, and with any special safety concerns identified by CPTA for use in a particular area or with a client. The employee must identify and familiarize himself/herself with the Safety and Security Plan and with specific safety and security requirements for his/her working area. Employee must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
The Authority is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.